€2,500 Trading Online Voucher
The Trading Online Vouchers assists small businesses to trade online. The aim of the scheme is to get more small businesses trading online. Eligible businesses can apply for a voucher to invest in developing their eCommerce capability, of up to €2,500 matched by own funding to develop a trading online component to their business. The scheme is administered on behalf of this Department by the Local Enterprise Office network.
This scheme was first piloted in 2014 before being rolled out nationwide in 2015 and continues into 2016.
A change for 2016 for applicants is that you no longer need to be CRO registered to be able to apply for the voucher, so long as you can show that you have been trading for a minimum of 12 months.
Who is Eligible
- The vouchers are targeted at businesses that have a limited online trading presence
- less than 10 employees
- turnover less than €2million
- applicants must be registered and trading for minimum of 12 months
What the Vouchers can be used for
- IT consultation
- Development or upgrade of an e-commerce website
- Implementation of online payments or booking systems
- Purchase of internet-related software
- Purchase of online advertising ( this purchase cannot make up more than 30% of approved Voucher costs & can only be drawn down in one payment phase )
- Developing an app or multi-platform webpages
- Implementing a digital marketing strategy, i.e., Social Media Marketing
- Consultation with ICT experts for early stage adopters of online strategy
- Skills development specifically to establish and manage an online trading activity